Saturday, November 26, 2011

I won't say it


I won't tell you I love you for your mind
because what's a melon without the rind.
I won't tell you I love you more each day;
once you entered my heart you were there to stay.
I won't compare you to a goddess, the sun, moon, or stars;
such would put you on a pedestal and me behind bars.
I will not compare your eyes to gems, nor your voice to birdsong.
I will not say that you are my world or that you can do no wrong.
For gems are hard and lifeless things, and birds but prisoners to their wings.
Life goes on with you, dear, and yet you can wound me with trivial things.
No, I won't say I see you as the day we met
for as I see you now, I'll easily the past forget.
No I won't say it now and never will.
For you see, my dear, my love is real.

1 comment: